Don’t let your environment dictate the outcome of a gunfight. As law enforcement officers or responsible CHL holders, we consistently operate in an unknown environment. This operational environment is 24/7 and due to the nature of our profession we can never expect perfect conditions, day or night. This course will develop a more proactive mindset to training in the dark and increase your survivability when operating in low light environments. This course will also provide you with teachings and SOPs to take back to their respective departments or families. Students will utilize both Rifle & Pistol platforms, due to these platforms being most commonly found to be used in officer involved shootings at night. Students attending this course will have a complete understanding in utilizing both platforms day & night.
The readily available “Environment on Demand” capability that Action Target ranges offer, is an excellent training opportunity that is often over looked. Don’t pass up this opportunity!
This course utilizes lighting fundamentals and holds shooters accountable for every round sent down range.
Whether you are military / law enforcement or just a prepared citizen, you will receive quality training from AHT instructors and staff that will help develop your skills and mindset.
This course covers:
- shooting fundamentals / safety
- weapons conditions
- lighting considerations
- lumens considerations
- weapons mounted lights & mounting considerations
- light discipline
- photonic barriers
- types of weapons lights and support hand lights
- support hand light techniques
- low light and no light shooting conditions and considerations
- disruptive light shooting ( take down lighting )
- shooting positions / alternative shooting positions
- efficient movement / body mechanics
- strong / support side manipulation
- gunfighter mindset
- malfunctions / reloading
- transitions from rifle / to sidearm
- uses of cover and movement to cover
- close quarter engagements
After you purchase this course an AHT firearms instructor will contact you via email with pre-course details and provide you with an exact location for the course. All course dates are subject to change due to full-time commitment to Law Enforcement.
- Tactical Rifle with weapons mounted light
- Pistol with weapons mounted light
- OWB Holster
- Rifle sling
- Handheld light with retention
- At least 400 rounds rifle
- At least 400 rounds pistol
- At least 3 rifle magazines
- At least 3 pistol magazines
- 2 magazine holders for pistol magazines
- 1 magazine holder for rifle magazines
- Ear & Eye Protection
- Appropriate Clothing for terrain and Weather
- Weapons maintenance & cleaning equipment
- Food & Water
- Body Armor
- Plate carrier
- Chest rig
- Weapons Lights
- First Aid, etc.